Monday, 27 June 2011

Through the fire Book Review

Firefighting burns in Aidan O’Neill’s blood, but his innate gift for reading flames has made him overconfident and sometimes puts lives in danger. When one call goes horribly wrong and a rookie is hurt, Aidan ends up suspended and finds himself questioning everything.

An arsonist is targeting Reno, leaving a scorched path of destruction. The department needs Aidan back, but his return is troubled. The gift he relied on for so long has gone silent . . . and it’s as though the fires are coming for him, hunting him down. Teaming with a beguiling fire investigator who may know more than she’s saying, Aidan must discover where his trust rests as the flames burn ever closer.
This book had the potential to be really really good. Unfortunately, it seemed to lack something and filed to grab me right from the start. Usually I love books to do with fire fighting, but I wasn’t so impressed with Through the Fire.

The twists and turns, instead of leaving me wanting more, left me more confused.  I loved the ending, but felt it needed to be a bit longer and perhaps in other parts shorter to keep interest high and concentration levels from waning.

In spite of my disappointments though, I did enjoy this book.  If you are in for a light thriller/mystery, with a little bit of ‘life’ drama and romance thrown in, then this book is for you.

Rating: 6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment